Why Elope in Portland Oregon?
1. You just want to get married now in Portland and don’t want to wait for an appointment at the courthouse. You want to get married on the weekend, not a weekday at the county courthouse.
2. You want the most affordable elopement price instead of a larger wedding.
3. You are in a hurry and need a short notice wedding and eloping at my Beaverton wedding chapel is fine with you.
3. You may need 2 witnesses for your elopement wedding ceremony, which we can provide with advance notice.
4. You might be coming to Portland to elope, from out of town and will have a wedding reception back home and save on the expense of a big wedding.
5. You and 2-10 of your friends and family want to gather at a pretty outdoor spot and have a short notice wedding ceremony.
6. You’re getting married for health insurance, military or other legal reasons.
7. Your big family wedding is next year and you want to get married in Portland now.
8. You want a Portland home wedding and will only invite a few friends and family.
Why elope in Portland Oregon?
9. You want a tiny elopement wedding ceremony with a great Portland photographer. You will hire the photographer separately and I have some favorite Portland area elopement photographers. Usually the 6 person wedding – adding the photographer, officiant, couple, 2 witnesses – couples wear fancier dress or traditional wedding gown and these are at a variety of locations.
10. You want a vow renewal with you and a few friends.
- When are you available?
I am available weekdays and weekends for your tiny elopement wedding (2-10) by appointment only. On weekends I schedule elopements around the other larger weddings in Portland which are on my schedule. Please call 503-888-9876 or email RevMaureenPdx@gmail.com for my availability. I am often available same day or next day and it doesn’t hurt to ask.
- How does this process work?
3 things need to happen to elope in the Portland Oregon area
1. Purchase your valid marriage license at any Oregon county
2. Hire an officiant to marry you — that’s me
3. Decide on the location — or my Beaverton wedding chapel and bring 2 witnesses over 18 years
- What is your elopement ceremony pricing?
Depending on your needs, my fees range from $225 to $295, for your elopement ceremony. If you are happy coming to the conference room — my Beaverton Oregon wedding chapel, and it’s just you and your 2 witnesses, my fee is $225. This is more warm and personal than a justice of the peace style elopement at the courthouse. If you are having a tiny home wedding, depending on the time and the location, most of these average $250-295.
- We are flying into Portland in four weeks, is it possible to get our marriage license through the mail ahead of time?
At this time, it is still possible to purchase your Oregon marriage license, about $60, through the mail with Washington County in Hillsboro, but that could change tomorrow so call and check on the current policy. This process could take a few weeks so ask the Washington county official about the timing for your wedding date.
- What is the most affordable / cheapest option you have for an elopement?
I offer elopement ceremonies in the Oregon wedding chapel (conference room shown on the photos page) or a nearby park, for $225, with you and your 2 witnesses.
- What methods of payment do you accept?
Cash, personal check from U.S. bank, no credit cards.
- May we write our own vows?
That’s a great idea! If you need a little inspiration check out the sample wedding vows page and ring vows.
- We are becoming a blended family may we include our children in the ceremony?
Yes, we can discuss ways to include your children in the elopement wedding ceremony.
- What do you wear for our ceremony?
Generally, I wear a black skirt outfit, not a minister’s robe and not slacks.
Change happens, so please consult with the appropriate county officials regarding your marriage license purchase and be aware they are not open on weekends. You will need to check on the hours and their requirements for the purchase of your legal Oregon marriage license. Verify that the clerk has signed your legal license and your decorative certificate, before you leave the office.
Portland Wedding Officiant Maureen Haley, 503-888-9876, Reviews from the couple, in their own words from Wedding Wire reviews – Contact Maureen
– – – –
Wow I have so many nice things to say about Maureen. My Husband is in the Marine Corp. and we are stationed in North Carolina. When we were planning our wedding finding an officiant became stressful until we found Maureen!! She made us feel very comfortable and at ease about our big day. I would recommend Maureen to anyone looking for someone that is enthusiastic and professional about what she does. THANK YOU SO MUCH MAUREEN! We will never forget the big part you played on our special day. Hunter and Jessica
– – – –
Thank you Maureen for providing us with such a beautiful, thoughtful, and perfect ceremony!
It is without hesitation that we highly recommend Maureen to anyone looking for an officiant to assist them with their wedding needs. Maureen was so supportive throughout the wedding process; as well as helpful in calming a very nervous bride the day of the wedding. We received so many compliments from our guests on what a beautiful, and touching ceremony we had. It was obvious to us, and our guest, that Maureen took her time in choosing the perfect words to represent our commitment as a couple.
Again, thank you Maureen for starting our “happily ever after” with such love and care.
Timothy and Tristine
– – – –
Working with Reverend Maureen was the easiest part of putting the wedding ceremony together! She put our vows together just like we wanted. We met Rev. Maureen the day of the wedding and it felt like we already knew her; she is kind, on the ball and funny. We are so happy that we went online and found her! Tonie & Matthew
– – – –
I will be happy to talk with you about your Oregon eloping ideas and elopement packages for Portland 503-888-9876 or email RevMaureenPdx@gmail.com
by appointment only 12555 SW 1st St. Beaverton Oregon 97005